Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formula Help

10-22-2014 7-18-02 AM.jpg

I have created a Qlikview app but ran into an issue with rolling up totals based on a dimension. Here is a snapshot of the app and the expressions I am using. What I am looking to do is roll up the totals for each distinct dimension.

I have two expressions pulling from the same table, one that pulls the positive number as sales and the second to pull the negative numbers as credits. What I need to do is roll up the numbers based on a second dimension. for example: Instead of seeing all of the transactions for 3Fish I would only see the total of sales and the total of credits.

Sales: sum(if(Total_Merchandise_Dollars >=1, Total_Merchandise_Dollars) - (Total_Other_Pricing))

Credits: sum(if(Total_Merchandise_Total <=0, Total_Merchandise_Dollars) - (Total_Other_Pricing))

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What I need to do is roll up the numbers based on a second dimension. for example: Instead of seeing all of the transactions for 3Fish I would only see the total of sales and the total of credits.

Then remove the other dimensions so that only the Customer Name is used as dimension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What I need to do is roll up the numbers based on a second dimension. for example: Instead of seeing all of the transactions for 3Fish I would only see the total of sales and the total of credits.

Then remove the other dimensions so that only the Customer Name is used as dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Now I feel dumb, I can do that but then I loose the granularity that I need.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use a pivot table then and expand the dimensions at need to see the lower granularity.

Not applicable
Author

That is what I am about to attempt.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Not exactly what I need but it will suffice.

Thanks..