Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change a bar chart to group by expression rather than dimension

Does anyone know of a way to change a QlikView bar chart to group the bars by expression rather than dimension?

My chart has one dimension (Size -- small, medium, large) and five expressions. The expressions are based on five different True/False fields in my data. For each record I have a one Size value and five T/F values. Each of the five expressions reports the percentage of True records. The chart displays 15 bars in three dimension groups but I need to display the 15 bars in five groups, one group for each expression field.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that in a single chart?

Thanks, Mike

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use expressions as calculated dimensions and dimension as expression to display only values.

if you could share some sample application / report with dummy data that will help me to understand well and give you more accurate solution.

Regards

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've attached an example QV document.

In the document you can see I have three groups defined by my Size field (Small, Medium, Large). I expect differences between attibutes (Q7a-e), but what I need to highlight for the user is whether Size is stongly related to the percentage for each attribute. What I need, then, are five groups -- one for each attribute.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem, but I did not see an answer. Was an answer provided for this?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I suggest you to crosstable your file

CrossTable( Question, Response , 2)
LOAD Size,
RecNo,
Q7b,
Q7a,
Q7d,
Q7c,
Q7e