Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markticoy
Partner - Contributor III

Newbie Question. Is it possible to clear data displayed on a pivot table when no item/s selected ?

Good day everyone,

I've been studying Qlikview 11 for a week now, and I'm wondering if it is possible to hide / don't show data on pivot table if nothing is selected (no date/sales person/item selected) ?

Thank you.

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this expression

If(Len(GetFieldSelections(date) ) > 0 AND Len(GetFieldSelections([sales person]) ) > 0 AND Len(GetFieldSelections([sales person]) ) > 0, Sum(MeasureName), Null())

Note: Replace MeasureName with your actual field which you are aggregating.

Regards,

Jagan.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I suggest you use a conditional show. This can be done for the whole chart (see General tab) or for individual expressions (see top-right in the Expression tab). Inside those fields add an expression that that results in either "true" or "false".

If you are going to use conditional show in the general tab, be sure to also edit the error message (see button at the bottom of the general tab) and change it into something that tells your user what he/she is supposed to do to get results in the chart.

May you live in interesting times!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You could use a calculation condition (on the chart properties | general):    

If you need a selection in all 3:

=GetSelectedCount(datefield) > 0 And GetSelectedCount([sales person field]) > 0 And GetSelectedCount(itemfield) > 0

If you need a selection in any 1:

=GetSelectedCount(datefield) > 0 Or GetSelectedCount([sales person field]) > 0 Or GetSelectedCount(itemfield) > 0

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
markticoy
Author

Thank you for your very helpful comments guys

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Are you trying this in Qlikview or Qliksense?  This is Qliksense Group, I think there is no such option (calculation condition)in Qliksense, it is available in Qlikview.

Regards,

Jagan.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

My bad; I thought Pivot tables are not available (yet) in Qlik Sense and just blindly assumed it was a QlikView question.

May you live in interesting times!