Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Leasing a license using AD Groups

I have a number of users that need to lease licenses and I would like to use an AD group to control these named user CALs.  When I put users in this group they can get a license for Access point but cannot lease a license to the desktop version of QlikView.  I have tried "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" but nothing allows me to lease the license.

I am in a multiple domain environment and cannot get access to specific user names but I am allowed to see an AD group.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies
dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

To get the license for the desktop version you need to open any application from server by using "Open in server".

Then it'll automatically lease a license hence you already activate Allow dynamic CAL assignment.

BR,

Dinu'1

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Lease license are User CALs and are assigned to a user. You can't use groups to do this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill - Thanks for your response.  Can you tell me why QlikView allows you to add a group to the named user CALs then?

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I don't know why other than it is an object. However, it doesn't work if you select a group.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.