Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView QVD conversion to QlikSense QVD - Performance

Hi

Im currently converting my QlikView created QVDs in to Qlik Sense QVDs using a simply LOAD *, STTRE INTO and then DROP TABLE script.  I have about 20 or so QVDs I am converting.

Im working locally on a hard drive and Ive noticed massive improvements in loading from the QlikSense QVDs.  4 fields of 20million records take 6 minutes to load from the QlikView QVD, the same data loads in 16 seconds from the QlikSense QVD.

What I dont understand is why the Qlik Sense App is so large, given that it only holds script, ie it is 123MB and the script isnt that big.  Does the App retain some form of data in memory after each LOAD which is not deleted when I DROP TABLE.  If so, how can I clear that before performing the next conversion.?  Would this affect loading and store into speeds as I move through each conversion?

Many thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Looks like IM using an old pre-beta version (v0.96).

Currently upgrading to v1.0 and we will see if the prolem re-occurs.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can you post your script ? If you drop the tables at the end of the load editor they should not be retained in RAM nor on disk in the QVF.

Not applicable
Author

[TEMP]:

LOAD

FROM 'lib://DESKTOP_QVDs/New Car Feed FINAL

Full.qvd'

(qvd);

STORE [TEMP] INTO New Car Feed FINAL FULL.qvd (qvd);

DROP TABLE [TEMP];

Im sure the app became corrupted somehow.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Its a little strange to have square brackets in a table name but otherwise it looks sound.

Have you tried copy/pasting the code into a new app ?

Not applicable
Author

Force of habit from QlikView scripting and MS Access SQL using tables with spaces in their names.  I was also testing whether the QlikSense script handled square brackets, single quotes and double quotes for the same purpose.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

your store command should point to a "lib" too

Store Pedidos into [lib://Transform/Fatos/$(folder)\Pedido$(Competencia).qvd](qvd);