Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allocated memory exceed in chart

Hi everyone!

I am begginer in QV and have some, maybe, simple question. I tryed to build chart with calculate dimention (change the x-axis depending on selection in list box - Date, Week, Month and Year), but when I put expression like sum(Payments) i get "Allocated memory exceed" (when I put sum(1) it works well).

Could you suggest me something to avoid it?

thanks in advance

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe I did not understand you, but using MATCH we only replace one number (KPI) to another one (serial number), are not we? If I don't use the dimension ('Date','Week','Month','year') instead of (Date,Week,Month,year) it is performed (with incorrect one point on X-axis), but if I change to dimensions the message "Allocated.. " appears again

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi

pick(match(KPI,1,2,3,4),'Date','Week','Month','year')

here match function returns the number and pick function picks the corresponding value

plese find the below attachment ,

let me know if not clear on the same

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,I made out about this. But when I wrote

pick(match(GetFieldSelections(Period),'Date','Week','Month','Year'), Date, Year_Week,Year_Month, Year)

anything has changed - error appeared again

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

I had the same issue when I tried to build a calculated dimensions which worked sometimes and didn't others.

Then I used an explicit dimension and enabled the condition and put in my show calc that way.

However you'd likely have to know your expected dimensions to use this method.

example of my 'enable conditional' on a dimension.

Match(vPickCal,1,4)

where vPickCal is a variable  1 was Year and 4 was Quarter.

in other words

if I picked a Year then the Year dimension shows up in the Pivot

and

if I picked Quarter then Quarter dimension shows up in the pivot.

I assume it is working because of

Include and Don't Show (working) vs Figure out what to Include (not always working--memory out)

Year and Quarter are explicitly in the Pivot already and then are being 'not shown' based on condition.

The other way it was having to figure out whether to be included...and sometimes was running out of juice on its way.

--brooks