Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - An error occurred App is already open

Hi,

I installed The Qlik Sense desktop client. I'm trying to create some sheets, but i'm getting almost in every click the message:

An error occurred

App is already open

(see also attachment)

And i can't save or create anything.

Any advice?

Thanks

Jim

21 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Jim,

That should be fine, can you please provide the logs most resent one when you encounter the issue? C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you are Gio

Giuseppe_Novello

Jim,

By any change did you have Qlik Sense .96 before? If you did, did you uninstalled and clear all the folders? Also can you attached the performance and exit logs too.

thanks,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No Gio,

I didn't have it.

Please find attached all the related logs.

Thanks

Jim

Giuseppe_Novello

Jim,

how many times do you see this error? from the logs I just see that you encounter like once the error out of 10 times that you open the document? for any change are you using Qlik Cloud?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see this error when i'm trying to create something on edit mode and i get it almost in every click. On the log that i sent you, i just went inside and simulated the issue. I'm not getting this error in view mode.

Regarding the Qlik Cloud that you mentioned, i don't know where is it. Can you help?

Thanks

Jim

Giuseppe_Novello

The only thing I can think of is something is holding either the .exe or QVF files. For any chance do you have an antivirus running on your machine? if you do, can you disable it and try again?  For any chance do you have any other machine that you can install sense, so we can narrow down to a particular machine.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ebc
Employee
Employee

Hi all -

Jim and I looked in to this issue a bit further and found that removing our QVD layer removed this issue.

So our before scenario is as follows:

We have a Qlik Sense app that loads data from a database source and stores that information in to 4 QVDs. We have a second Qlik Sense app that loads data from those 4 QVDS. ONLY in edit mode of the second application did we see the errors with no predictability as to when it would occur.

Here is out scenario afterwards that appears to eliminate these errors:

We have a Qlik Sense app that loads data from a database source into an application. While in this same application we can view or edit with no issues.

Does anyone have insight into why the QVD layer might cause the issue? (And please refer to the attached logs for potentially useful information)

Cheers!

Eric

Not applicable
Author

It looks like you have a sharing violation of the QVF file "PROD_DATA_SIZE.QVF" are you sure you only use a single Desktop client to access the qvf ?

ebc
Employee
Employee

Jim Antonakakis is the one that actually built the applications in Qlik Sense desktop but my understanding is that everything was built on the same machine running the same Qlik Sense Desktop client.