Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart - Group by ID, but Display Name

I am new to Qlik and working on a POC.  In our data we have unique ids for each record; however, some of those records have the same name.  I do not want to use the name dimension because I will end up grouping records that do not go together.  I would like to use the id dimension but display the name.  I have included some sample data below.

ID

Name

ProductSales
1Bob JonesProduct A1500
1Bob JonesProduct B2000
2Bob JonesProduct A1000
2Bob JonesProduct B1000
3Mary JonesProduct A1000

Below is an example of what the final output would look like.  This groups everything properly and Bob Jones is listed twice because he as two unique ids.

Capture.JPG

Is this possible in Qlik?  I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Dimension

Dual(Name,ID)

Product

Expression

Sales

Chart properties --> Style tab --> Orientation - Horizontal And Subtype - Stacked

139460.bmp

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Create a Key by using ID&Name as Key and use Key as a Dimension in your Bar Chart...

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Check this qvw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I cannot open the file since I am using the personal addition.  Thanks for the response I appreciate all the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response.  This isn't the most ideal solution as it requires a longer name and displays data that I would prefer not to show, it will work for the POC.

Thanks again.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Dimension

Dual(Name,ID)

Product

Expression

Sales

Chart properties --> Style tab --> Orientation - Horizontal And Subtype - Stacked

139460.bmp

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Thanks for choosing my answer as correct one but honestly speaking, the answer given by anbu1984 is more efficient than my answer....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate all the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Manish.  Your answer helped fill the immediate need and will be useful when I have some alternate situations where I cannot use the dual function as I do not have a numeric id.

I appreciate everyones help.