Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to use qlikview as a data warehouse?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to establish the best practices to structure or to organize a qlikview project. I’m not looking for a project methodology like the interesting link below.

http://es.slideshare.net/AntoninoBarbaro/qlik-view-project-methodology-handbook-v-10-docx

I'd like to know if Qlikview could replace a DWH?

I'm working with a project for a big company where we need to consolidate data from many source systems and storing historical data. It's quite difficult to handle it with QVD’s or scripting data base.

My customer wants to replace old data warehouse by qlikview and in this case Qlikview should offer him the possibility of:

• Merging diverse data from multiple sources (multiple production systems) implemented on different platforms.
  • Rapid detection of the changes in the source system.
  • Possibility of storing large amounts of historical data.
  • Ensure fast response

Do you know if there are some manuals or documents with the “best practices” in order to deploy qlikview as a data warehouse? Is it possible? I know that by using QVD I could build a DWH, but do we have some “best practices” or methodology for this with qlikview?

2 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Yes, of course if

If each of the points you highlight in your post.

Si me lo permites, te sigo explicando en español.

Por supuesto hay mucha, mucha documentación de todo tipo y además encontrarás una comunidad muy abierta y participativa que te ayudará en cualquier atasco que tengas.

Los proyectos con QV son mucho mas cortos y muy vistosos. Los usuarios tienen una experiencia de uso perfecta.

te ,o recomiendo de verdad.

Saludos,

Enrique Colomer

KONOGES (www.konoges.com)

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Please don't create multiple questions for the same topic.

have a look at below post.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/139482

Regards

ASHFAQ