Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to write expression in drilldown?

hi,

I created drill down in qlikview like this country, city, population, but the drilldown not work .the problem is when i click the drilldown arrow symbol the value did not change .after I use expression like this [Getcurrentfield Country_city=(Country>city>Population)]but the expression not work because It show Error .I do not know how to overcome this problem please tell me out how to solve this problem.

I attached snipping file below this box.

1.Groupname -[Country_city]

2.Group values - Country,City,Population

Regards:

Madhu.

Sddown.JPG.jpg

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you explain, what are you trying to achieve here?

If possible post sample data with expected output.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What is your exact expression...

The condition you have given is wrong for expression...

If sample qvw can be provided, we can resove the issue in more efficient way...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Ideally, you don't need write expression with GetCurrentfield(), it should work with simple expression like: =Sum(ValueField)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Asfaq Mohammed

I have data like this Country field have Countrynames,City field have City names and population field have population.

actually I want like this If  I click Arrow button the values change.

for example:If The chart show country names  that time We click on the Arrow button the Chart show city names. automatically.How to do this tell me  Ple

Regards

Madhu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Simply provide your group in dimension and in expression give, sum(sales) for example

It will work as required....

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

This is not how Qlik Works. You need to select any particular country and then it will list cities under that country and so on.

Hope it helps.

If it answer, please mark this thread as correct or helpful.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Madhu,

You can display in a text-box which field in a drill-down or cyclic group is active using:

In your case it would be:

=GetCurrentField("Country_city")

I am also attaching a sample qvw with drilldown group for reference.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create Cyclic Group with Country, City

Now in chart:

Dimension: Cyclic Group Name

Expression: Sum(Population)

No need of GetCurrentField(), if you click on the group the dimension changes, based on the dimension the values are calculated.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Here you have  Country,City,Population values in drill down group.dnt click on Arrow symbol.just click one any one country  then city then population then if you want drill up just click on arrow symbol.qlikview has unique drilldown feature