Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julianacampag
Creator
Creator

Points map

Hello,

I have a problem with the PointsMap of Sense. On the desktop, the background image does not appear, but when I view on the browser, the image appears correctly.

Can anyone tell me why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi Juliana - the Maps use online slippy map servers to render the background image which requires internet access.

If you are finding this works when the app is on a server (different machine) perhaps there is differences in connectivity between the 2 machines ?  perhaps a proxy ?

also , the desktop instance can be hit through a browser using localhost... i just wanted to be 100% sure if you meant that or actually using a browser to connect to a server installation ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi Juliana - the Maps use online slippy map servers to render the background image which requires internet access.

If you are finding this works when the app is on a server (different machine) perhaps there is differences in connectivity between the 2 machines ?  perhaps a proxy ?

also , the desktop instance can be hit through a browser using localhost... i just wanted to be 100% sure if you meant that or actually using a browser to connect to a server installation ?

sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator

it require

julianacampag
Creator
Creator
Author

The problem was the proxy. Thank you.