cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text color

Dear community,

I'm struggling with something very trivial:

I've made a profit and loss statement using IntervalMatch. Everything works fine, exept for the text color... I've given each account number in my P&L stament the number 1 for the field "Level". I want every account number to have the following color: RGB(1,127,175) so I use the following function:

If(Level = '1', RGB(1,127,175))

This function doesn't work when an account number has a balance of 0,00 Euros. Is there a way that these zero values also get the right color? It doesn't look good in the current situation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gary

5 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

There is a lot of information missing in your question, as to where you do what, where the text color is not working, which kind of object with what kind of dimension......

If I had to make a guess, you are maybe using set analysis in your result expression eliminating some selections and your color statement does not. If so you can use the function Only({Set} Level).

If this does not help you please provide us with a sample qvw demonstrating your problem.

Not applicable
Author

Print screen 1.png

I've added a print screen of the pivot table.

The function "If(Level = '1', RGB(1,127,175))" is programmed in the Definition box of Text Color (when you expand the formula on the tab "Expressions". As you can see, the account number 700200 has a balance of 0,00 in August 2014, en hence is black. The level of this account balance is just as the other account balances '1', so I would like it to be colored blue as well.

I hope this provides more insights in my problem (first time asking a question here, so I have to get used to the way I discribe my problem )?

Regards

Gary

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Still very difficult to say, looking at your pivot table, it seems like you have build a custom dimension with some levels included, on basis of these levels you do some calculations and coloring. You say you have defined Level=1 for every account, I would first test that assumption by adding an expression to this above table with "=Level". It's probably not, which means there may be a problem in the data model/loading.

Can you upload an example of your qvw? If you're worried about data sensitivity, please read the following thread:

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like you need to perform aggregation within your if statement

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Felim is probably right, the account number is missing in the august data and as a result the "if(Level=1" is not true. Can you try:

if(Concat(DISTINCT TOTAL <Maand> Level)=1,rgb(1,127,175))

Where "Maand" should be your month field