Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with 2 cyclic groups as dimensions

Hi All:

I am facing an issue if you can help me.

In my dashboard i have a list box for Calendar Type 'fiscal' or 'calendar' . i also have listboxes for Fiscal year, fiscal Month,Fiscal Quarter. I also have list boxes for calendar Year,Month and Quarter.

User wants to Select Calendar type Fiscal or calendar and see a cyclic group containing pertaining to fiscal or calendar Year,Month and quarter. in the chart for the selection.

I have created 2 Cyclic groups for Fiscal and Calendar

In my chart i have 3 dimensions - One fiscal period cycle,one Calendar period cycle and one account field.

I am switching between the cyclic groups by using "enable condition" on dimension tab and that works fine.

My issue is my chart shows cycle for account also,even though there is not cycle object for Account field. It is just a column.

Can you please tell me why Account is displaying as cycle and also is there any other way i can work around this problem.

See my example attached. My example just uses the fiscal Year and calendar Year but in real situation i have month and quarter as well.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

To me this looks like a bug. I haven't seen it before either so perhaps its recent. Not sure.

As a workaround i created two charts and moved the show/hide condition to the layout tab show/conditional property

attached is the workaround with your qvw

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan:

Thanks for the quick response. Your example works great

Though this will solution will not work for me as i have some 50 visualization in which i have to implement this and creating 2 charts each time will be difficult.

But this indeed looks like a bug.