Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to check out document with path:

Client Build Number: 11.0.11149.0

Target Platform: x64

Random document failures are happening on a daily basis.  Not the same document.  Other documents running at the same time from the same file source and mounted folder source are successful.  Manually restarting the task results in a successful reload.

There is no section access in any of these documents so, no user name and password is required.  The service account which runs the publisher successfully opens other documents from the same location as well as opens the failed document upon manually restarting the task so, no permissions issue with the account running the task.

Ticket with QlikTech has been opened.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you find the solution?  Do you update the Server/publisher versions?  I guess we have the same issue on a customer here in Italy ad I would like to compare the service levels and/or message logs.

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Not applicable
Author

There is no general issue regarding this.

However, a few things to look up.

1. Where is the sourcefolder stored? If possible try and move location for it, perhaps you have it on a share, try put the source folder local on the machine

2 Any antivirus, backup software, scanning software etc, check, if so, make sure Qlikview folders are put in as an exception in the software.

Also, script log vs tasklog, does the script runs thru? When does the exception happen during the task?

Not applicable
Author

Source folder was on a local directory but the user document didn't have the right user permissions.  Customer recereates correctly the user document and the issue disappears.

Thank you,

Francesco M.

obriened83
Creator
Creator

Hi Sue

Did you ever find a resolution to this? Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Eamonn

anna72to
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank! It helped me!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just posting to link to the other two threads on the same subject.  None of the posts presently have a solution on them that has been marked correct.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/153448

https://community.qlik.com/thread/61952

https://community.qlik.com/thread/74218

I have previously tried most of the things referenced in the threads where the problem has been happening intermittently at a client.  Am giving the increase of available engines a go now - but I have other sites where when this limit is reached tasks just wait rather than fail, so I am not sure it is the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello !

Yesterday i had same exception in publisher.

I we tried read log files from SYSTEM folder  , but it was useless.

The reason of issue was reload of app with Section Acess without publisher.

At the next attempt of reloading,
the exception was repeated.

To solve this issue you need to follow next steps.

1) Comment Section Access part of script and reload App manually.

2)Save app and start reload app thru publisher.

3)Make sure , that there are no any exceptions(in publisher).

4)Open app and uncomment block with Section Access(without reloading) , save & close application.

5)Go back to your publisher and start task again , it must work out without exceptions.

Good Luck !