Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listbox to select the columns to be displayed

Can I have a table box in which only columns that are selected from the List Box are displayed.

Example - Listbox will have the values

ColA

ColB

ColC

ColD

On selection of ColA & ColB from listbox only those two columns of the straight table should be displayed

8 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

If I understood correctly, basically you are interested in Adhoc Reporting.

If this is the case please see the below link

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5404

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Divya,

Check this thread

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

This is done by using one Island table and Enable Conditional option in Dimension Tab.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

PFA file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This can be done using the conditional enabling technique of dimensions and expressions.

Just take the list of columns into one data Island table and create a list box using the column from data island table to list down the columns in list box.

Now create a straight table with the required columns. Each dimension/mesure column select the check box conditional and provide the following condition.

=SubStringCount(Concat(Dimension_Detail, '|'), 'Brand')

Dimension_Detail is the column from Data Island table contains the list of columns.

Brand is the current dimension column that you want to enable conditionally.

Hope this helps,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Hi. What if I have no expressions and only dimensions? Ideally I want this kind of adhoc reporting to be possible in straight tables . Is there a work around for that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It can be possible only with dimensions also. You just have to create a dummy expression and hide it.

Regards,

Chinna

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check the attached files, This is without expression.

Let me know if that is what you are looking.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Adhoc reporting is possible with conditional enablement of dimensions or expressions only in straight table, but not with table box.

if you have dimension only, then you can create an expression and hide it or don't enable the expression.

if you don't have measures in your source table, create a dummy measure, create a dummy expression on top of it.

- hope it helps you 🙂