cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input field values with start and end value to be assigned to normal field

Hi Qlik-Community,

I have the following questions:

Within my application I have a normal field called "Line ID" which is just a number from 16 to ~500 which works as a unique identifier for each data set. I created two variables ($start and $end) which I would like to connect to the field "Line ID". The goal is that I have two input fields in m application where I can type in a start and an end value for the Line ID to make sure only the defined range of relevant data sets is displayed.

Can somebody help me on how to arrange this?

Thanks in advance!

Philip

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The example also contains a slider object. Perhaps you can use that. If not use the input box and the variables with their triggers.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Philip, I think you meant to create 2 input boxes, not input field, each input box will be related to one of the variables.

In expressions you can use set analisys to filter Line ID values, ie, if your variables are named vStart and vEnd:

Sum({<[Line ID]={">=$(vStart)<=$(vEnd)"}>} ValueField)

Hope this helps

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The example also contains a slider object. Perhaps you can use that. If not use the input box and the variables with their triggers.

Not applicable
Author

Hello

If I get this you only need to show data that has Values Of LineId between $(start) and $(end)?

do you need this in a chart? if so you can add two input boxes and you assign to each a variable ($(start) , $(end))  and then put a set analysis in you expression  where you define the range you need to show.

Something like this Sum ({<[LineId]={">=$(start)<=$(end)"}>} Value)

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Edit: I got it, I didn't recognise the triggers set in the document properties. Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Gysbert,

this is exactly what I'm looking for. I had a look at your example but unfortunately couldn't find out how you connected the objects and the variables. What I can see is:

1.) two variables which values are only set through the input box

2.) a slider object which has directly assigned the field "Line ID"

Can you please give me some more advice? I think I missed one important part of your example.

Thanks!

Philip

edit: so actually I don't get how the input boxes are connected to the slider!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The slider is only connected to the field. Selections you make with the slider are applied to the field. If you change the selections in the field in another way then the slider is updated too. The slider is easy to set and gives users the option to select a range in the field it is tied to. But it does take up more space than an input box. You'll have to decide if using a slider is an option or if your users are better off using the input box.