Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Access Point Documents Filtration Based on Doc CALs Allocation

Hi all,

Here I have a problem. Is it possible to filter Qlikview Documents in Access Point according to the Doc CALs Allocation. I know how to do this filtration according to Section Access, But I wanna know is there any possibility to filter documents for the users according to Document CALs Allocation.

Thanks in Advance.

Dinu'1

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think there exist direct way.

If you had publisher it will be automatically hided by publisher itself.

As you don't have publisher. I suggest you to create 30 folders and place your applications in respective folders.

No select any folder go to properties --> Security --> Edit --> Remove everyone and users groups --> add the user who is authorized for this document + Qlikview administrator+service account to this folder.

Now repeat  the same for the rest of the folder. By this they will see only Applications that they are authorized to.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I don't think this is possible or there exist any such option.

What are you trying to achieve here?

Regards

ASHFAQ

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanx for the quick reply. I have more than 30 qlikview documents and each and every one is going to see all the documents at the access point. But they are not using section access and I want to make it easy for them by filtering documents user wise. For that I have only reference is the CAL allocation. Hope you got my point.

BR,

Dinu'1

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

It seems you don't have publisher?

Can you confirm the same?

Regards

ASHFAQ

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No publisher.

BR,

Dinu'1

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think there exist direct way.

If you had publisher it will be automatically hided by publisher itself.

As you don't have publisher. I suggest you to create 30 folders and place your applications in respective folders.

No select any folder go to properties --> Security --> Edit --> Remove everyone and users groups --> add the user who is authorized for this document + Qlikview administrator+service account to this folder.

Now repeat  the same for the rest of the folder. By this they will see only Applications that they are authorized to.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you don't mind everyone see the files you can always use categories to group them.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Isn't there any other way to do it. Because the server is a critical one.

BR,

Dinu'1

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

How to Categorize them? Can you explain a bit.

Thanks.

BR,

Dinu'1

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Thats the only way without publisher.

You can create category but at the end all of your categories will be visible.

That can be seen by all users.

Regards

ASHFAQ