Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Integrating qlik sense with Sharepoint

Hi all,

I am interested to integrate qlik sense with my SharePoint site. I want to know the pre requisites for this process and how to do this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Rama,

In short - utilizing Sharepoint, web viewer "webparts", iframes, url addressable content etc, such as Qlik Sense web pages created with the Qlik Sense API that host content etc - would be the only and best approach to this. Please take a look at this documentation to understand more:

Qlik Sense does not have any "specific" integration (webparts) into Sharepoint. Qlik Sense APIs - utilizing mash-ups - along with SSO type integration with Sharepoint would be the best approach.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Rama,

In short - utilizing Sharepoint, web viewer "webparts", iframes, url addressable content etc, such as Qlik Sense web pages created with the Qlik Sense API that host content etc - would be the only and best approach to this. Please take a look at this documentation to understand more:

Qlik Sense does not have any "specific" integration (webparts) into Sharepoint. Qlik Sense APIs - utilizing mash-ups - along with SSO type integration with Sharepoint would be the best approach.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

A very easy way to get started is to use single.

1. In your browser go to https:[yourserver]/single.
  2. You will get a (very basic) list of the apps available.
  3. Click on the app you want to use
  4. you will get a list of sheets and visualizations
  5. select the sheet/visualization you want, check current selections if you want that included
  6. you will get a very basic mashup without having to write any HTML or javascript

Copy the URL with app id etc and use it in SharPoint or another web portal.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Erik - that is awesome - is this documented or still experimental / in progress? I could not find it yet in the documentation.

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ErikWetterberg

Hm, obviously it's not documented, I'm afraid, we did not manage to get the doc for this ready in time.

The 1.0 version is not experimental, the selection pages are working(as far as I know), but lacks polishing. We hope to be able to deliver a better version next time. So in progress - definitely !!

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for good information and guidance.

Eric,

I have a Qliksense file with me.How to connect this with SharePoint ?How can i get access to the server. What is single ? Can you explain in detail ? As i am a growing young professional,It will be helpful for me.Looking for good answers.

Thanks&Regards

Ram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

After an hour of surfing the internet, At last i have created a Mashup and i am struck in integrating that mashup with the sharepoint portal.I have took app id also. Kindly help me in this

ErikWetterberg

I don't really have more detail than in my post above. You need a server installation for this to work, if you have one you can start at the url https://[yourserver]/single.

The single feature is basically a mashup you can use without writing any HTML/javascript, just with a URL.

/Erik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.Lets hope for the best to get this done

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Rama,

I will allow Erik to elaborate - but at this point if you have the URL for your mash-up - you would use the Sharepoint Web Viewer webpart (or equivalent) - and configure that with the URL.

Display a Web page on a SharePoint page by adding the Page Viewer Web Part

At this point it becomes and understanding in how to use and configure Sharepoint.

Note that if Sharepoint uses domain security, NTLM Windows Security Integration - it's assumed that the security creds that access sharepoint are also in the Qlik Sense server. I am not sure how your setup is, but you MAY need to configure some additional authentication - such as Web Ticket, HTTP header etc. If this is not familiar to you, I suggest you work with our pre-sales and consulting teams to understand this further.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik