Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Same App has value differences when opened in AP and Client...

Hello People,

It baffles me a lot that the same application on the access point has some disparity in some value when viewed against the desktop application. I read  a thread where I would have to delete .Shared files but is to no avail.I think when I reload the the Desktop Application updates whilst the server does not.

Anyone else has a clue or idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you reload your local document and don't reload the document on the server then there's a good chance that your document will have different data then the document on the server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I did reload both applications. In fact I have reloaded several times simultaneously.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Make sure allow session recovery  is uncheck

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using Section Access / Data Reduction / Macros / anything else that might behave differently in the AP vs Desktop?

Note that the AP might remember some things you have done / selected during a previous session.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's still possible for differences to occur if other processes enter or change data in your source database. If you can rule that out as a possible cause and you are sure that both document contain the exact same data from the same source and that the two documents are otherwise identical, i.e. the same variables with the same values, the same expressions in the charts and the same active selections, no reduction from section access or otherwise then you have a minor miracle on your hands.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Are you allowing multiple copies in memory? I have seen that option cause problems in the past and pickup previous sessions etc

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ

How do I uncheck session recovery

Hi Gysbert

I can confidently rule out all that. It's just a copy of the application in the development area to the live environment and

all pointing to the same source files.

Hello Peter,

So forgetful of me i have deployed section access on the server and not on the Desktop. But how would that affect anything my profile has all the exemptions.Okay I will review the section access again.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe

Only one copy of document in memory setting is checked.