Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

show/hide object using variables

Hi, expert , i am start using sense and i would like to know if i can manage show/hide object using variables like qlikview

it that possible? how start using this? o what is the way to do it

thank you a lot

Fernando

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Fernando - its not possible out of box but there could be an extension out there that could do this for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

There is currently no out-of-the-box support to show/hide objects in the Qlik Sense user interface.  QlikView is for guided analytics and Qlik Sense is for self-service visualization.

Qlik Sense was built so that any user can recreate any given chart quite easily, so it's by design that Qlik Sense objects cannot be hidden based on security rules.  If there is a show/hide object requirement, that is looking more for a very guided experience and QlikView will be the current tool for that example.

Best,

Sean

Not applicable

Hi Fernando.

You can't insert a conditional visualization expression in Sense.

For a fast solution you can load some description fields and use it to manage visualization directly in calculate dimensions expressions

ex. if(GetFieldSelections(description field 1)=some text,dimension1,

if(GetFieldSelections(description field 2)=some text,dimension2,

if(GetFieldSelections(description field 3)=some text,dimension3

)))

Alternatively you can check for your Sense visualization api's in QlikBranch Community:

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/content.php

You will certainly find what you are looking for.