Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access

Hi experts,

i wanna assign different columns to different users. is it possible to assign. help me

ex:-    sno     name      dob        city    country

1          raj         1991      atp     india

2          kanna    1990     bnglr   india

in section access in need to assign  USER1 --> SNO ( COLUMN)

USER2 ---->  NAME ( COLUMN )

USER3---->   DOB,CITY,COUNTY ( COLUMNS)

In section access if i enter into the USER1  i should see only SNO  values

similarly for USER2      i should see only NAME values.  In the same for USER3 also.

Thank you.

7 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

This should be done with Section Access and using Enable Conditional for Dimension in each chart.

Please find attached file for solution.

Login with user ID :

A - Can see all the columns

B - Can see Sno column

C - Can see name column

D - Can see sno, name and dob columns

Try like this

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID

ADMIN, A

USER, B

USER, C

USER, D

];

Section Application;

star is *;

UserColumnMapping:

LOAD

INLINE [

USERID,Secsno,Secname,Secdob,Seccity,Seccountry

A, 1,1,1,1,1

B, 1, 0,0,0,0

C, 0,1,0,0,0

D, 1,1,1,0,0

];

Data:

LOAD *

INLINE [

sno,name,dob,city,country

1,raj,1991,atp,india

2,kanna,1990,bnglr,india];

Note: You need to select Document Properties -> Opening tab -> and select Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access option

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you,   here you are using inline load in SECTION APPLICATION,  normally when we load flat file , loading data from SAP-BW CUBES, in such cases  we get file path    LOAD  [COLUMNS]  FROM  [TABLE NAME]

in this cases can we use the section access USER ID. in this . if we use it acts like new column.  so how to use section access in this cases. The reason for asking this, in real time, we will have huge no. of rows, so we can enter it manually in INLINE LOAD. in SECTION APPLICATION. there is any solution for that. 

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Replace Inline with your actual data, I just used Inline for sample purpose.  You can replace the inline with Flat file or from database table, it works asusual.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please close this thread if you got the answer by giving Correct Answer to the useful post.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you jagan

when i used USERID in flat file. it is taking the  USERID as the new column. and for the every all users it is showing the total data of flat file. total data of flat should be visible for 'administrator'

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Did you done this

Note: You need to select Document Properties -> Opening tab -> and select Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access option

Not applicable
Author

!Hi Jagan,

I'm new to qlikview...

I have  below,column(F1,F2,F3,F4) level security requirement...I want to see the data for column F1(A3 to A5).

Please find the attached requirement.

please help me.

column level_access.png