Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

excel file import

Hello all,

I have noticed when importing Excel files that there are some issues with date and time formats. With the newer type of file .xlsx (excel 2010 and so on) there seem to be intermittently correct date and time import i.e. some date and time columns have the correct format and others are reverted to the MS time code instead. This is an issue that should be looked into I think, it is supposed to be a simple import right? No extra scripting should be needed 🙂

I have made my own remedy to that and i simply save my file in the sligthly older format .xls (Excel 97 - 2003). Then all dates and times are formatted correclty. No script changes needed. Just a small tip. However I really think I shouldn't need to use even this simple workaround.

brgds

Magnus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gio,

Thank you very much. Hopefully there will be a solution in the future. My tip is then to save excel files in the older format -Excel 2003 and import to QlikSense. That works fine.

brgds

Magnus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Magnus,

Do you have a sample QVF that I can tested it, replicate the issue and pass it on to R&D?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Giuseppe,

I am here including both qvf-files and both excel files, if you or anyone has the possibility to have a look at them, thank you. Shorted down to 200 rows of data. Same issue lingers.

brgds

Magnus

Giuseppe_Novello

Magnus,

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue? or step to reproduce with actual behavior vs expected? When I export both QVF charts all seems to be fine in MS 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

I will make some screenshots shortly. But to be clear, it is not when I try to export from QVF-files I have this issue. It is when I import Excel-files into Qlik Sense I get these two types of behaviour.

brgds

Magnus

Giuseppe_Novello

Magnus,

Sorry, I think I need new glasses because I am not reading correctly, not sure why I was think export, thank you for the clarification. I test once again and let you know.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Giuseppe_Novello

Magnus,

Ok I was able  replicate only the trouble with dates and I am letting R&D aware of the issue.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gio,

Thank you very much. Hopefully there will be a solution in the future. My tip is then to save excel files in the older format -Excel 2003 and import to QlikSense. That works fine.

brgds

Magnus