Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can sort special format date in search object's results?

I have a search object that linked to a field contains Persian dates , I wanna sort in in decreasing way

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems that, sort order of a field in search object is actually taken from the recent most set sort order of the same field. Hence, try to set sort order of your Date field (list box) accordingly (in your case, Z->A works). The behavior would be reflected in the search object as well.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you post a data sample?

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Sure , They are in this format : yyyy/mm/dd   like   1393/01/14 , 1393/01/16 , 1393/02/10 ,...  I want to see the search box's results from the last date to the first

Not applicable
Author

have you tried in the properties of the search object in the order sheet?

regards, Marcelo

Not applicable
Author

Yes I think ! You mean the sort sheet in search object properties as in the below picture?

Qv1.png

You know that Qlikview doesn't support Persian date so we needed to write a module to convert Gregorian date to Persian date and our data source is a Sharepoint list so I guessed that QV behaves with this field's value like a string and a normal sort works but it doesn't

Thanks for your help

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems that, sort order of a field in search object is actually taken from the recent most set sort order of the same field. Hence, try to set sort order of your Date field (list box) accordingly (in your case, Z->A works). The behavior would be reflected in the search object as well.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Btw. I created a calendar/mapping table with Persian Date once in Oracle. This was a no-brainer and probably better to link or load the data to your QlikView data model than creating a conversion module..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf

I'm suppose to use this persian calender that you created , but I dont know how would you please give me more details about using it in my report?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Just load the attached TSV table and you will have a Persian date for each day..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D