Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Trendline" in Pivot

Hello,

I have Pivot table as shown in attachment. It has two expressions =sum(TOT) (total sales so far) and =sum(BUD) (sales budget). Dimension on the top is months.

1) Now I would like to have TOT sums for the rest of the months which are not ready on the basis of previous months. In the expression what I'm looking after is that I would count Full months sales so far divide by the amount of monts and the I would have sales per month which I could use in the total sales. This is accurate enough. In the chart I would also like to these numbers which are counted based on estimation to have another color so they would be noticed. One illustration is shown below.

123456789101112Tot

2) And another newbie question is that I have total sums now on the right side Total TOT and BUD, how can I have another column on the end to have calculation  TOT minus BUD?

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Looks okay, that DIFF solution at the end is just fine.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok great.  Is your post answered ?   If yes please close the  post marking any helpful or correct answers .

Not applicable
Author

And I'm new to this forum also. But have you posted that latest and right solution (28th day) example file with the DIFF only at the end and multiple years..?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The XLS data set that was provided did not have multiple years. 

Do you want to update / repost it with a sample that matches your situation. Then i can check it against what was done to see if it causes problems ?

Not applicable
Author

For sure. I already tested and of course it summed up the amount and when 2013 was chosen it tried to calculate the forecast for that year also.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Just rereading this thread.  I didn't upload the last sample so apologies for that.

Here i added multiyear support. 

I made an assumption that a user would only look at 1 year at a time when viewing this chart so i set it up that way.

take a look and test it out.