cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Bulk API

Hi Community,

I have come across an issue with one of the tables we read daily from salesforce.com.  It fails intermittently i.e. some days it runs fine and some days it stops reading data after fetching some records and just hangs indefinitely.  Current work around is we manually restart and sometimes it works right away, other times it takes 2-3 task restarts to get it working.  We have been monitoring saleforce connector logs, document and task logs it always at the same table.

Our resident salesforce.com developers have suggested us to use Bulk API but I have no prior knowledge about it.  Looked it up and says its possible through expressor.  But I wanted to know if anyone has used Bulk API without expressor or is there any work around for larger tables.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Mak

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Community,

Bulk API is part of the Salesforce connector v12.  You will need to make sure your salesforce Id used for extracting data has bulk API enabled on their end.  From the limited testing we were able to do it seems to only work with queries where you have no conditions in the where clause but this could change as we get further along into testing.

Thanks

Mak