Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web view does not display some list boxes, background, slider

I am using QlikView 11.20.12235.0 SR5 64-bit.

My users are on Internet Explorer 9.0.8

My dashboard has 3 tabs, each has 3 visualizations and 3 list boxes. Not that complex and the data is only 200 records.

Once deployed, my visualizations are significantly downgraded;

- Background (basic black with gray gradient) does not show on all tabs. Blank white.

- List box borders do not display for all list boxes.

- List box text is limited to one row in some, having to scroll to view the next. Some display correctly.

- Browsing away from one tab then back causes a slight change, list boxes gain or lose formatting.

- Slider bar goes invisible sometimes.

- Slider labels go from vertical to horizontal randomly.

- Bar charts lose labels or gradient color.

- Objects are generally squeezed (layout/resolution inconsistency between desktop and web?)

Has anyone experienced any of this? Are there "safe objects" or "safe colors" that are considered bare-bones basic for web display? Do I need a plugin? if so, do all my users need it or just the Access Point?

Thank you!

3 Replies
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

I have the same issue as item number one, and the same specs. The problem occurs even when you switch to web mode on the desktop version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had some issues that you've listed. In my case, was something with the version of Internet Explorer, in version 9 and bellow. With chrome and firefox everything was working fine.

We requested to our support team to update our users IE version to 10 or a newer, and it solved the problem.

After some time, we updated our Qlikview to SR7, and the errors that used to happen on IE9 disappeared.

So, try testing it on another browser, or in a different version of IE.

Hope it helps.

Gabriel

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

I revived this thread from May,

but my solution to the text box background was to just use a button instead...