Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with loading from MS Access

Hi,

I´m trying to load an appl with qv server/publisher from MS Access. QV server and publisher 9 is installed on a 64 bit server. The message I get is: Error: SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Loading the same data in QV is no problem when QV is installed on a 32 bit computer.

Anyone knows anything about this?

Regards,

Ulla

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You have to install a 32 bit version of QlikView Developer since the ODBC driver for Access is only 32 bit.

Then create an External task using /r for reloading.

qv.exe /r appname.qvw

This is a Microsoft problem.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick answer.

The problem is loading the appl with QlikView Server/Publisher. As the QV server is installed on a 64 bit server.

1. I guess that we need the 64 bit version of QlikView Server/Publisher on a 64 bit server?
    If yes...
  2. I suppose that I will have to move data to an excel sheet to be able to load it into QV?
Not applicable
Author

1. Yes.

Installing a 32 bit Developer on a 64 bits machine is no problem. You can also have both 32 and 64bit Developer installed on the machine (in separate directories).

Loading from Access has to be done by using the External Task and commandline as I wrote before.

I have done this on several clients facing similar problem with 32 bit only ODBC drivers.

Not applicable
Author

OK, thanks! That´s what I´ll try then 😃

Not applicable
Author

2) you can automate tasks with publisher (reload task ) it's consist on re excuting the script . but if you want just extract the data and load it when you want you can reload on the developer edition