Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

email alerts for a reload failure

Hi,

is there anything particular to the failure_emails sent by the QDS?

We have set up an email server and set the QMC to send an email to both of us (two developers) when the reload of any app goes wrong.

Just now, I have been on holiday for a week, taking my laptop with me. I am back in office today - and it seems that two apps have failed to reload this morning.

Strangely, my colleague got those emails all right. In the email, there is a sentence:

>> OVERRIDDEN MAIL: [my_email] <<

Can anyone tell me why that was overridden? My password sometimes expires during my holidays, but this time it didn't.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would think because under the email setup his email address is in the override E-mail.

1.png

The email addresses should be here.

2.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

in our QMC, we don't have that "Distribution Services" folder, it's probably belonging to the Publisher?

We can, however, set up emails under "QlikView Servers". The email_adresses we had in that "Override email" field were identical actually, but I try without that now.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The override is only good for one email address, so you will have to put them the QVS one.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I have followed your advice, but for a while we did not have failures, so I couldn't check.

Today, however, we had a failure at 8am and again, the email was sent to my colleague, but not to me - or I didn't get it in any case.

I have now deleted both emails from the "Override" field so they are now only in the QVS_settings in the QMC.

Can I test that in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, rename the QVW that is setup in a task and run that task. That away the task will not find the QVW and fail.

Bill