cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

new to me?

Hi experts,

i have a report with 2 objects (bar,stack)

everday after reloading the document  i am going to run the macro manually(opening editmodule(ctrl+m) and clicking on test and allowing )  after this finishing i have given group mail id's to get the updated report so it is working fine?

here my req is i dont want do manually after reloading everday it has to run the macro without any manual operation ?

is it possible ?  pls tell me how to do this ?

17 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Set trigger on open run macro

Documnet Properties>>

Triggers>>>>

On Open >>>

Set external action

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if u dont mine can u elaborate it

Not applicable
Author

hey common,

go to document properties->triggers

select on open

and then select the action run macro and then put the name of the macro in the corresponding box.

cheers

kunal bhattacharjee

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Schedule a bat file.

Check this for how to do that?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/129440

http://community.qlik.com/thread/132238

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

the actions can be selected by clicking on the 'add actions' button

its_anandrjs

Yes you can do this by trigger the macro by setting it as open the document for this set settings

Document Properties >> Triggers >> Select OnOpen (Because on document open you set) >> Then click on the Add Action >> Then Add and select external >> Select Action Run Macro >> Write macro Name there.

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi anand,

i think select on open means when we open it will run the macro or after finishing sheduled reload automatically it will run the macro

Not applicable
Author

hi commonqlik,

if you want the macro to run after reload then select 'OnPostReload' option rather than 'OnOpen'.

cheers,

kunal bhattacharjee

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes it is set on Open document when the reload occurs, or you can schedule this application on particular time if you requires. Means schedule the reload task in the publisher on particular time when document opens for reload the macro runs. And  you can go for other options also.

Doctrig.png

Regards

Anand