Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with steps to create Map of Nigeria (Africa) to Interact with Sales Data

Hello,

Please can someone help me on steps to create a map of Nigeria that can interact with my Sales Data by Product and by Channel Dimension.

I really need an urgent answer please. Thank you

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok, Thank you. I will be waiting for your response.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jennifer - please see the attached .kml file - I had to use a different approach to get the .kml file.

This file can then be used with this video to see how it is done:

Using the Maps Chart Object - Polygon Map - Part 2 - (video)

Note that the KML file has a field with the State names - that needs to be renamed to match the field State in the other file / data.

See the attached .qvf file too - copy to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and restart Qlik Sense Desktop

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yep Jennifer, you're ready to go 🙂

Great site http://www.gadm.org

Thanks Mike

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Fred - happy to help.

Take care.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate.  I am almost there in getting what I need.

I noticed the map does not show the names of the state on looking at it. Meaning that one need to click on confirm its the  state picked is correct.

My questions

1. Is it possible to have the state names displayed on the map just like this attachment

2. Is it possible that when one selects a state to view sales done and wants to click on another state the initial state selected will automatically unselect itself . Or do one need to unselect manually before selecting another.

I hope I am clear with my questions.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Ijeoyibo Onyebuagu

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but the echoes are endless.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Jennifer - great to hear. In answer to your questions:

1) - Providing labels, this is NOT possible using Qlik Sense directly, but it may be possible by editing the KML file and providing  label syntax, however I tried it with your map using some of the KML style syntax but It does not display the text on the map - so it is assumed that it is not possible at this time. I will ask around.

2) You would need to click it again to un-select.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Please let me know if you  have any more questions.

Regards

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jennifer, to add more layers to the map such as text and symbols you would need a 3rd party map extension.

Here's how your data could look like with IdevioMaps, no kml import is necessary.

IdevioMapsNigeria.png

More info and live demos at QlikMarket:

http://market.qlik.com/ideviomaps-for-qlik-sense.html

Thanks,

Patric Nordström, Idevio

bi.idevio.com

delmak2000
Creator
Creator

Hi Jennifer!

Were you able to resolve the state name showing?

Did you try reducing the opacity of the map?

Maybe that could help...

Regards,

Ayo