Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_anandrjs

How the points earn in Qlik.

Hi,

Community managers please let me know how the points earn in qlikview, and some time when i post reply on the thread point earn is

slow and some time i get points maximum how it works. Recently i get one helpful answer but i get 3 times more how this comes.

Regards

Anand

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Question Anand and some very helpful responses on this thread,

Points are very important for our community members- they are accumulated by the different types of activities you engage in within the community. Some activities have a daily limit and others do not. Regardless the standard activities points should be visible after you hit refresh. Its is correct the system takes a bit longer to calculate and assign points associated with badge awards.

As referenced earlier we do have a points document: Qlik Community Points System.

• Helpful Answers are 5 points
  • Correct Answers are 10 points

Posting Questions and responding are extremely useful for the community members to solve problems and collaborate on best practices. A Helpful or Correct Answer has exponential value for other community members now and in the future.

If your looking to boost your points with correct or helpful answer please be sure to add as much context and actual information to your post as possible. If you help the poster solve their problem they are more likely to grant you these points. Comments that just have a link and no description, or almost no value such as 'I agree' or 'good job' or potential false helpful/correct assignments are deleted when we find them and the points removed.

If you have posted a question and have good responses- take a minute to mark others responses as correct and helpful as needed. The original poster/owner may mark 2 responses as helpful and 1 as correct in a given thread. You can also mark other responses as 'liked'. These are a great way to reward other members and encourage participation.

We have found recently that some members post no value comments or look for ways to accumulate points in ways that are not in adherence to our terms and conditions. When these instances occur we research the member, situation and then determine if the member needs to be warned what follow up action is best (warning, suspension etc)

If you have any specific issues you would like to investigate please feel free to email me: sara.leslie@qlik.com

Thank you for your participation and collaboration in Qlik Community. We have an awesome membership here with some very honest and helpful people. We appreciate all the contributions of our members.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Colin-Albert

Click on your points total, click More, and look at Activity & Missions to see how the points accumulate.

its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks can you provide any snap for this please.

Regards

Anand

Colin-Albert

Click on your points total in the Community bar at the top of the page and you should see the pop-up below.

Then click on more at the bottom of the pop-up.

reputation.JPG.jpg

its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks and in compare to points 10 for Correct and 10 for helpful i am right, if so there is difference.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable

check the below link which provides detail info about points

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1811

its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks All but why my points come late and it is updated late also.

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

yes, today it seems to be slow. extra points you get are sometimes due to the missions/badges you completed.

there are certain badges like 5 helpful + 5 correct you get 30 additional..like this there are many are thre..based onthe applicable addtional points bucket will be added to you..

BR,

Chinna

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

There is daily limit applied for replying to posts.

Max you get 20 points a day for replying.

No Limit on getting helpful and correct answers.

Regards

ASHFAQ