cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect to Ms Access files?

Hi All,

I have one question.

Can we connect to Ms access data files (.mdb files) which is stored in different server. can we get data from different server?

if yes what are the details required to connect to Ms access database?

Thanks,

Ashok.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

SO without connection string how will bring data from other server?????

can u write in steps wise i can understand easly.

Thanks,

Ashok.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

You need connecting String.

I have for two scenarios.

.MDB file available locally and available on server.

Check for the Notepad attachment in one of my reply to this post.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will still need a connection string, of course. But to assemble the connection string in QlikView, you only need proper ODBC/OLE DB drivers installed on your current machine (or on the server if you publish your document on QVS). Download and install the correct ODBC/OLEDB drivers from the microsoft download site.

Once these have been installed, the connect button in the script editor will list new interface, just like when MS Office is installed. Create a connection string from thereon.

Not that OLE DB is simpler than ODBC to setup. For an ODBC connection, you need to first configure one in your machines control panel.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Yes,i saw that

my question is when we don't have "OLE DB provider for MS Access" then what needs to select in those provisers list  because MS office not installed.

without having that provider how we need to create string.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

As I say select force. I attached 1 image too.

follow that select Microsoft jet 4.0 OLEDB provider.

If not available download access drivers (Microsoft access database engine ) from Microsoft site.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

its_anandrjs

Hi,

If you have no OLE DB provider you can try with ODBC because in windows ODBC provider available and from there you can access ODBC data source in qlikview by click on User DSN

dsn.png

Regards

Anand

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Install this (either 32-bit or 64-bit version)

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

and you will be on your way.