Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin Issue - QVSTunnel.dll issue ( Error - QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dlocalhost could not be opened)

HI All,

We are using QlikView webserver (not IIS). When our clients working outside our network they are able to access the dashboard using AJAX client. But when they try to open the dashboard using IE Plugin, they get an error given in subject.

Note: The people who are in the same network can access and work in IE plugin without any issues.

Thanks,

Sijo

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Bill -

What is the downside of opening the port 4747. Is there any security vulnerability?

Thanks,

Senthil

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, it is very secure. The protocol is RSA 128 encrypted.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
richho_microp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you this has helped me no end, the day before go-live and everything stopped working for those coming across from another domain.

Phew!

masha-ecraft
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you, that document helped me to fix plugin that stopped working after server upgrade from 11.0 to 11.2.

In addition to the steps described in the document I had to install ISAPI Extensions role to IIS on the server.

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Snethil,

How you solved this issue? I am also facing the same issue.

I have clustered servers and I made all the configuration based on this document.

Still the problem is there.

Can you help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Sibin Jacob.C

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check out the document I have post above. The last section on troubleshooting is what you need to look at. The port 4747 has to be open from the client to the server that is running QVS not the webserver.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

hi

are u using QlikView webserver  and  IIS in the meantime?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you look at my attached document and the Trouble shooting section it will explain to you your issue. You need to have a LinkMachineName set.

Bill

sasikumar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi,

im also having same error but irony is im having the error in server itself. 

i have tired everything.. no way out

note: some computer is working fine in same network

did u got solution  ??

thanks,

sasikumar

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @sasikumar,

This thread is very old, started 7 years ago. I suggest you create a new, separate thread for your issue and provide screen captures/logs which help illustrate your issue. Thanks.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!