Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access management use

hi dears

is "Section Access Management" a substitute for section access coding inside the hidden script of the document? if yes, how i should apply it on a document after setting it up in section access management part of QMC?

regards,

Mana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Once you start setting up Section Access in QMC, the page will supply you with an URL that you need to insert after the FROM clause in your Section Access LOAD statement.

The Section Access section of your document will - upon first reload - obtain SA data from the management service instead of from a file or another source.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Once you start setting up Section Access in QMC, the page will supply you with an URL that you need to insert after the FROM clause in your Section Access LOAD statement.

The Section Access section of your document will - upon first reload - obtain SA data from the management service instead of from a file or another source.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You'll need a Publisher license to manage Section Access data in the QMC.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your answer,

it was my section access code befor:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, TAKSARAN\M.AZIZI

ADMIN, TAKSARAN\N.RAFINIA

USER, TAKSARAN\IT

USER, TAKSARAN\NOIT

];

Section Application;

now i made it in section access management and the url is: http://serverbi:4780/QMS/AuthTable

what would be the section access code then ?

Not applicable
Author

like this?

Section Access;

LOAD ACCESS,

NTNAME

FROM

[http://serverbi:4780/QMS/AuthTable]

(html, utf8, embedded labels, table is default);

Section Application;

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That depends on what table layout you created in Section Access Management. As you have seen, QMC allows you to create any column in the Section Access table, including QlikView columns and custom columns (your own). If you created ACCESS and NTNAME columns, and entered data in them, then your LOAD statement will do just fine.

lkartchner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Peter, the example you provided mana looks like exactly what I'm after.  If I have multiple section access tables defined in QMC, where you say "table is default" would I change "default" to whatever I named the table in QMC?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes indeed.

Not applicable
Author

I need to give sheet level access through section access management,

can nybody help in this

thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have a look at the many discussions and documents on this community that deal with sheet level access, like this one:

Sheet level access

or this one:

Section Access - Hide Sheet Level