Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

setting a field value

<body><p>Not sure that my terminology is write, I have a field of accounts(I believe this is referred to as a field, but if not it is a column of account #'s) and I would like the assign one of the rows (account #'s) value to be a specific number. Below is a copy of some of the information after I exported it to excel, how would I change the value for the amount in account 231000 to a specified value. </p> <p> </p> <p><col width="102"></col> <col width="102"></col> <tr height="18"> <td width="102" align="right" class="xl63" height="18"><col width="102"></col> <col width="102"></col> <tr height="18"> <td width="102" class="xl67" height="18">Account</td> <td width="102" class="xl67"> Amount</td> </tr> <tr height="18"> <td align="right" class="xl65" height="18">230000</td> <td align="right" class="xl66">  $167,195.66</td> </tr> <tr height="18"> <td align="right" class="xl65" height="18">231000</td> <td align="right" class="xl66">$323,276.24</td> </tr> <tr height="18"> <td align="right" class="xl65" height="18">232000</td> <td align="right" class="xl66">$3,487.22</td> </tr> <tr height="18"> <td align="right" class="xl65" height="18">233000</td> <td align="right" class="xl66">($4,514.00)</td> </tr> <tr height="18"> <td align="right" class="xl65" height="18">234000</td> <td align="right" class="xl66">($3,756.00)</td> </tr> </td> <td width="102" align="right" class="xl64"><br /></td> </tr> </p></body>

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm slightly confused by your question, but I'll try to help...why wouldn't you just edit the value for that particular account in Excel or your original data source? Is there a specific function you are trying to apply to that account (i.e. if Account = 23000 then add $500.00 to total, etc.)? Generally speaking, QlikView is an analysis platform and shouldn't really be used to alter data from a source.

Please let me know what you think or explain your issue further...thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Just changing the value in excel is easy enough, I just thought that there might be an easy way for me to alter that account #'s value to a specific amount in Qlikview. Thank you for trying.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It depends on what you're after. If you want a user to be able to modify a field value, and then recalculate everything, such as when users do "what if?" analysis, you could use "Input Fields". I haven't used them, so can't offer much help, but you can look up input fields in the help text or the reference manual. It might be what you're looking for.

Not applicable
Author

I'll give that a shot thank you.