Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

source vs user documents

hi

i am a beginner,

i want to know what is the usage of user documents when they wont be reloaded by tasks? also i want to know what happens when i define a task that reduces some parts of data for specific users? some reduced qlikview files are created (and sit on user document folder or somewhere else)?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Source Documents: these are the Qlikview documents developed and ready to publish(these documents we keep in source folders).

User documents: these are the documents after published to access point.

Regards,

Chinna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You may look out the below post:

Source document vs user document

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Aziz

check this.

If you have publisher License with you then you will see Source Document

If not you only see user document.

http://community.qlik.com/message/539637#539637

Regards

ASHFAQ

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

source documents are the ones on which you can create tasks that reloads them, reduce, and distribute them into user documents

it is the user documents that are viewed on the access point and on which document CALs are assigned to users

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

hi Ali,

so is it correct to say that if i have a source document and, for example, set a task which loops on a field and reduce the source document then it will cause creating some user documents which looks like each other and the difference between them is just in the field?

regards,

mana

Not applicable
Author

hi Ashfagh,

so is it correct to say that if i have a source document and, for example, set a task which loops on a field and reduce the source document then it will cause creating some user documents which looks like each other and the difference between them is just in the field?

regards,

mana

Not applicable
Author

hi Chinna,

regards,

mana

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

True in this case.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

yes the difference is only in the field on which you are reducing