Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Community Reward

Hello,

Long back(may be 2years), I saw somewhere in the point/reward system, there was an announcement of reward on pionts, 50,000- an ipad, 2,000- a qliktech t-shirt... Is that discontimued? I was wondering if the top-contributing people(who seem to contributing a fair amount of time in the community) gets paid or paid by any direct/indirect manner. Or, it's just a point system and ranking that alone keeping them involved. 

14 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

I do not see such offers now.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

By mistake they provided that page when community site was updated, may be in future they provide this I think.

Sara Leslie please comment on this.

Regards,

Jagan.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Jagan,

You have done a good job by inviting Sara for the same , there should be some tokens/gifts with Qliktech symbols.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I too agree.

If not gifts there must be some training offered free from Qlik.

There must be some special recolonization.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

jagan mohan wrote:

Hi,

By mistake ..

Jagan.

Is it something you presume? Or you have some info from qlik?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would be surprised if it was the point system and ranking that alone keep people involved, people come here to learn and develop knowledge and skills and some people contribute to help those others.  A reward system simply based on points would be meaningless as it would only measure the volume of input not the quality or usefulness of that input.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I second Bella's comments. The point system is useful and fun, but if overdone it encourages people to post and upload anything just for the sake of getting points.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your valuable opinions.

So it seems that 'Reward' is desired by many of us(if not by all). But, what do qlik ( Sara Leslie, Community Administrator) think about it?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Sara, Sara Leslie

As till i think that there should be some Qlik hologram hats or t shirts must be provided by Qlikteck.

I agree with Rob sir that there should not be intension to just comment or post any thing for the shake of points.

Points are just for fun and collecting them with helpful and correct answers is a value.