Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I display an empty tablebox rowset when filtering on a url?

I'm building a url within Microsoft Dynamics CRM to filter a table based on an account number. The problem I'm running in to is that when the account number is not in the list of possible account numbers, nothing is filtered and the table displays all of the records. Is there a way to keep the table from displaying records when the account number doesn't exist? I would like to display an empty table frame if possible.

Here is an example of my URL:

https://server/QvAJAXZFc/AccessPoint.aspx?open&id=QVS%4server%7CWholesale%2FOrders-SalesHistory.qvw&...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use =len(GetCurrentSelections()) as expression for the Calculation Condition (see the General tab of the objects properties window). You may want to change the message displayed too. If so, click on the Error Messages button, select the Calculation condition unfulfilled message and enter a text to customize the error message.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use =len(GetCurrentSelections()) as expression for the Calculation Condition (see the General tab of the objects properties window). You may want to change the message displayed too. If so, click on the Error Messages button, select the Calculation condition unfulfilled message and enter a text to customize the error message.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like that worked thank you very much . On another note I set the ACCTNUM field to be ReadOnly that should prevent users from selecting other account numbers without the system changing the URL it seems to test fine, are there any gotcha's with going that route? ( I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here)