Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

two histograms on a single graph

Hi All,

I'm struggling to put two histogram line graphs in a single chart. Basically I have two sets of values with the same dimensional unit.

Let's say v1 and v2 for each of the sets. I could make a graph with one variable as defining the dimension as Round(v1, 1) and count the entries in the expressions. And then, how can I put the second one ?

Thanks,

Ray

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

To achieve a better performance when using large tables, you could pre calculate the value classes in the script:

QlikCommunity_Thread_141158_Pic2.JPG.jpg

tabData:

CrossTable (type, value)

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

NORMINV(Rand(),5,2) as value1,

NORMINV(Rand(),6,1) as value2

AutoGenerate 100000;

Left Join

LOAD Distinct

value,

Round(value, 0.1) as value_class

Resident tabData;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarcoWedel

You could crosstable load a key field and your fields 1 and 2 to create a combined field and a type field to distinct the origins.

you then would create your buckets using round or class or something like this using the combined field instead of only field 1. your type field would be the second dimension. Your counting expression could remain the same (maybe adjusted to the new fieldnames).

please post sample data to demonstrate.

thanks

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marco for taking a time for answering my question. I never used the crosstable and search for it and tried but couldn't get what I wanted. It will be appreciated if you give some more hints. For the data privacy issue, hard to share the numbers. Instead, simply you can generate two sets of numbers by, say, normal distribution with different parameters.

regards,

Ray

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one possible solution could be then:

QlikCommunity_Thread_141158_Pic1.JPG.jpg

tabData:

CrossTable (type, value)

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

AutoGenerate 100000;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

MarcoWedel

To achieve a better performance when using large tables, you could pre calculate the value classes in the script:

QlikCommunity_Thread_141158_Pic2.JPG.jpg

tabData:

CrossTable (type, value)

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

AutoGenerate 100000;

Left Join

LOAD Distinct

value,

Round(value, 0.1) as value_class

Resident tabData;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Marco,

I appreciate your help. It works perfect! and I learned something from your code.

Have a great day!

Ray