Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to query where data

I am currently trying to produce a line graph based on data where certain data equals a value. In short I want to perform the equivalent of a WHERE query on my loaded data.

I have tried Sum ({$<[period_end]={'2014-08-31 01:00:00'}>} string_value) but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

the format of period end field is different from what you have written on the right side ...

add your period end field in a table and loot at the format

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is the Format of your period_end?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

period_end has to be a field, not an expression and not a calculated dimension.

Make sure that the field period_end contains date values in the format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss or text values.

Make sure the field string_value contains numbers that can be summed. Summing text values will not work unless you use the num#() function to turn the strings into numbers.

Make sure to use the exact case-sensitive field names. Period_End and period_end are two different things to QV.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

the format of period end field is different from what you have written on the right side ...

add your period end field in a table and loot at the format

Not applicable
Author

period_end is a timestamp without timezone in a postgres db

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. The timestamp has changed format from the db when imported in to qlik. Any idea why and how I can change the format?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks the format had changed when importing data.

Out of interest how do I implement the num#() function to turn the strings into numbers?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Open Qlikview Desktop

2. Press F1 to open the help file

3. Click on the Index tab

4. Enter num# in the input control and press the enter key

5. Read the help file text for the num# function

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand