Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC displays "No tasks to display" but there are scheduled reports

Hi All,

I would like to ask how to resolve an issue with the QEMC. We have several reports that are scheduled to reload automatically and they are visible in the Documents tab. The problem is, that the Tasks tab of the QEMC displays "No tasks to display" and the reloads DO NOT run at all. I do not receive any emails for failed reloads and the reloads do not even try to start.

I have tried several service restarts, but the QEMC still does not show anything. The strangest thing is that the tasks dissappear randomly (we have not changed anything in documents/configuration, but the tasks dissappeared). In the past I managed to display them after clicking several times on "apply" button, but this does not help anymore.

Has any of you got similar problems? Any ideas how to manage to reload the documents correctly?

Thanks and best regards,

Sergey

P.S. I use QVS 9.0 SR3 under windows 2003 server SP2
6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

we have exactly the same problem 😞 what can we do? thanks
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

We managed to resolve this issue migrating to a newer release and a clean install of QV 9 SR5 and Internet Explorer 8 and since then we moved to the QV 10 as well and since the upgrade the issue just disappeared.

gauravkhare
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sergey,

QlikView version 9.0 SR3 has bugs and maybe because of that you are faing problems. Try out SR5. Now what i want to suggest is that why don't you use windows schedular and create batch files for reloading your applications and generating pdf's................

I have been following this method for long and it does'nt fails. Create a batch file and schedule it trough windows schedular. this will work very much fine.

Not applicable
Author

I hope the update avoid this bug. If someone have still this problem you can try following: 1. Before deleting documents from directory I assure to remove the reload on this document.
2. Remove all Document Calls and wait until they are no more display in the list.

You have to ensure, that the Document you want to delete, has no realtions within a task or document call.

Now if you anyway do not see the planned tasks, then you can enforce the server to redirect and reload with a small trick:

Chose any documt and setup a reload (you can remove this later) and apply. In my case it helps to show the task list again 🙂 I hope it helps you too.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gaurav,

that is exactly how we resolved the issue - by migrating to the QV 9 SR5 and to 10.0 IR afterwards.

The idea for BAT reloads is also an option 🙂

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I know that sometimes there is a process involved to get the upgrade approved.

This is what we did to resolve this:

1. go to your QVS
  2. stop all the Qlikview services
  3. navigate to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher
  4. rename the QlikView Distribution Service folder to QVDS_old or what ever you want
  5. restart the services
  6. verify the task list is being displayed again

Again this has happened to us a couple ot times, and is what has worked for us.

Good luck!

let me know if you manage to resolve this issue