Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense HUB - Load modification date on unopened apps

Something else which Ive noticed which I dont understand.  I currently have 4 apps in the HUB.  If I open just one of them, and perform a Limited load of 1,000 records; why does the Date Modified field in the folder Qlik/Sense/Apps for each of the other 3 apps update when I have not opened them or written to them.?

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jason,

What version of Qlik Sense Desktop are you using - version 1.0?

I am not seeing this behavior - I just opened and reloaded an app at 7:52 AM EST - and only that one app's modified data changed.

Please advise with more details and include some screen shots if you can.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Ok version number is 0.93.0+Build:23.sense0.962.png

You will note that File 002, I have modified the .qvf to .qvf.IGNORE as a test so that it doesnt appear in the HUB.

I started using 004 at 12:19 and you can see that 001 & 003 have been modified at 14:01 and these are currently showing 14:18 as I type this message.

The size of File 001 actually relates to another thread I started yesterday.  It is simply an app full of script and no data, so the size is odd.  I suspect it may have corrupted. File 003 is an empty app with no script and no data. File 004 has one page of script which does a LOAD *, STORE INTO, DROP TABLE and doesnt seem to suffer with the size issue which File 001 does.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Jason - it seems you are using an old version, pre-beta - if you can upgrade to version 1.0 - and we can then see if the issue still occurs.

You can get it here: Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Brilliant.

Many thanks, will let you know.

Not applicable
Author

Should I completely un-install v0.96 before loading v1.0 or is it an upgrade.?

Thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

yes - that is the approach with the free Desktop software, I do not believe they enabled any sort of upgrade mechanism into that product.

NOTE: keep your apps - directory

Also make sure you have .96 available - though not common, I have heard of SOME apps not working after installing the GA.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jason, just following up with you on this to see how you made out.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

All loaded OK, just waiting for some more RAM to trun up so I can really give it a full testing.