Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error 500 in qlik sense

Hi all,

Whats mean error 500 when trying open the qmc sense?

07_11.png

18 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It could be a few things but better clues will be in the logs. The logs are on the server, typically under c:\programdata\qlik\Sense\Log

There are different kinds of logs, its best to zip up the whole folder and share if you can.

Also is this a new install ?  Have you ever been able to access the QMC ?  Are there certain conditions (machines, users) that result in this ? PLease provide any of this information.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

This is a new install and I never acessed the QMC.

The logs are shared.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Thank you - there should be additional logs besides proxy. can you forward those ?  Please also confirm all 5 qlik sense services are running succesfully too and that you are using IE10 or greater.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Jonathan, all the logs is attached now.

I'm using IE 11 and the all services are started. How can i know if they are running?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Strangely everything but the server and proxy logs are empty.  Do you know what happened  ?  If you find them please attach.

I also saw references to QlikVIew in the log , it may have been just a user name but please confirm that  QlikView Server is NOT already installed on this machine.  Qlik Sense Server and QLikView server cannot coexist and you would have to uninstall qlik sense server, remove directories and manually remove certificates before reinstalling if that is the case.

Also, i saw some strange domain references in the proxy log as it tried to log you in.   Do you remember what you entered at this screen (during the install) ?  

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview desktop was installed in the same machine. But I will uninstall this.

In the address machine was entered "unimed-vs.localdomain\qlikview". The "Qlikview" is the user administrator.
It is correct? Full computer name is "SRV-HU-BI02.unimed-vs.localdomain"

I will install sense again and send you the logs.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

ok. i suggest just using the unqualified machine name.

You don't need to uninstall QlikView Desktop

BUT , there is additional cleanup that MUST be done after uninstall qlik sense before attempting a reinstall..

- delete c:\progamdata\qlik  directory

- follow these steps to remove certificates  (after these reboot and retest the install)

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  2. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  3. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  4. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  5. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for your help until here.

I deleted the directory and  the certificates that you listed.

After I install the sense again, but the same error occurred...

I'm send the logs for you.

Thanks again.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Michele - still there are no entries being  generated for the repository service which is not good. there should be multiple lines / checks within that key log showing that its started.

See below - all 5 services start successfully , and then in the  c:\programdata\qlik\log\repository\<machine>_system_reporitory,log there should be a 'startup phase completed'.

It can take up to 5 mins..   can you just 2x check all of this ?   Also please share your windows OS version.

Capture.PNG.png

Untitled.png