Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Waterfall Diagramm with Dimensions

Hi all

Maybe somebody had already the same issue (I'm sure :-))

I want to create a Waterfall Diagramm. Starting on the left with total Budget and ending on the right with total Actuals. Between there should be the difference by customer or by product category.

How can I avoid that Totals for Actual and Budget get split by the dimensions?

Thanks for your help

Oliver

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

little bit clear what are the dimensions u have and what u want final output

Not applicable
Author

Hi all

What I need is a split by dimensions (for example Customer or products) only of the "Vario"-Data.

The issue is that for Actual and Budget there is also this split by  Dimension available. As it does'nt make sense to show the gap between budget and actuals for every dimension I want to show the total of Sales and Budget, but for Vario the split by dimension. There must be a formula or something that dimensions are only visible for "Vario"...

hope this helps...

This happens when I just enter a Dimension (product) ==> doesn't make sense....

Not applicable
Author

try like this

aggr(sum(amount),product))

instead of amount put what u need

Not applicable
Author

Still same issue.. I have budget split by product category...

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

thanks for making correct answer and what expression u tried ? what i given same or did u make any changes? put it here it will be useful for others in future

mark_casselman
Creator
Creator

Hi Oliver,

Tried several solutions, the only one that worked was through a script.

See attached file...

Mark

Not applicable
Author

HI,

I Have seen above application, it was fantastic ,

but how u blocked the sheetproperties and document properties option can u explain in clear.

mark_casselman
Creator
Creator

What do you mean with 'blocked properties'. I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

You can see the script by 'file - edit script' or CTRL+E.

You can see the chart properies by right clicking on the chart. Under expression, tou will find 'sum(value)' as expression and if you click on the plus sign left of the expression, you can also see the 'bar offset' expression 'RangeSum(above(sum(value),1,100))'.

Is that you question ?

Mark