Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

select gray field (unavailable field) override other selections

Hi, I have a problem of retaining my filters after click an gray (unavailable )field, it actually will override my previous selection

What I doing is:

In my Claim report

I select Agent (which only have claims in 2013 and 2014), so in Year listbox only 2013 and 2014 are white (available) and other years gray out. My problem is I can still click those gray-out year, this will override my previous selection of Agent. It will show claims of All Agent in this year.

This will make confusion. I' d like always maintain the previous selections. and if by chance clicked gray field, it will show either 0 or unavailable, Is there way to do that?   I dont what use 'Hide Excluded". Because by using that, if i select 2014 , then year 2013 will hide too, so I will not able to switch from 2014 to 2013.

Thanks

Mei

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi mei ,

did u tried my solution?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks , I tried but did not get.

My main problems is I can still select 2012 (which is gray out for current Agent), this will override the previous Agent selection

Not applicable
Author

u have already selected 2012 and then what is the reason behind again selecting on that?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

For the Always one selected option to be available, you need to have one selection in that field. So first select one value, and then  go to properties.

The triggers are in document properties\triggers, there you can add an action, one of them is lock field. Maybe you can use the on change trigger of the field year to lock the agent field, not sure.

Not applicable
Author

You proceed as follow:

1) select the agent -> the selection become green

2) then "right-click" on the list box of the filed "Agent" (i suppose it's a list box) and choose form the menu the voice "Block" -> the agent you selected will become "blue" colored.

In this way everyone who makes other selections won't be able to change the selection on the agent,unless you use the "cronological history" button or unlock the selection.

To unlock you nedd to right click the list box related to the field agent and choose "unlock".

Not applicable
Author

HI roberto,

spell mistake which is important ,(sorry for copa and paste)

then "right-click" on the list box of the filed "Agent" (i suppose it's a list box) and choose form the menu the voice "LOCk" -> the agent you selected will become "blue" colored

Not applicable
Author

Yes,my mistake: "Lock" not "Block"

Not applicable
Author

first i was confused thats why i made change. dont mistake me ....

Not applicable
Author

That works but does not resolve my problem

I am developing an report for end users, so I can not just lock one Agent.

Also Agent / Year filter interaction is just an example of a bunch of this kind of interactions.

I need a more general/ universal method

Mei

Not applicable
Author

Hi mei,

i think for u only the way to go with set clear state or lock ,

i dont think so u have any other option ,

or possible share that application