Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Strange Publish Failure

I need some help with a strange error that I haven't seen before, and can't figure out. We are seeing a publish only task failing with the following errors. This particular job hasn't published in two days, always with these errrors. The strange part, is the job is showing on the AccessPoint as being published. Everything seems normal when looking only at the AccessPoint. Anyone seen anything like this before? A distribute only job failing but actually publishing correctly? Any advice on how to fix it?

Error: QVClient.Execute failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond(2014-10-23 12:47:05)

Information: Performance data (CopyFile): Connecting to QVS. (0), DMSAccessRules=4 (0), Uploading file: AccesPoint/ABC.qvw (16), Write complete. (1323576576 bytes processed) (70388)(2014-10-23 12:47:05)

Error: QVS Distribution failed to distribute to all nodes in the QVS Cluster. NodeCount=2(2014-10-23 12:47:05)

Error: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 3

14 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The only other thing I can think of is to change your DSP from Active Directory to Configurable LDAP. Set the path in fully distinguished format (e.g. LDAP://DC=mysubdomain,DC=mydomain,DC=com) and press Apply. A pencil icon will then appear to the right. If you see a red asterisk to the left of the pencil, then that means the service account username doesn't have permission to query the AD. Otherwise, click the pencil icon and make sure your settings correctly reflect your AD structure. For instance, these are the correct settings for most (but not all) ADs:

DSP.png

Vlad

bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

I don't get a red asterisk, but only show the following options when I click the pencil.

DSC.jpg

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I wonder if you've specified the wrong path...often you will want to query a specific part of your LDAP. Could you ask your domain admins for the fully qualified string to use?

Vlad

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm getting the same behavior, but with different errors.  Publisher says the task failed, but the correct version is being published to AccessPoint.  I am seeing:

11/25/2014 10:37:43.1730000ErrorQVClient.Execute failed
11/25/2014 10:37:43.1730000InformationPerformance data (CopyFile): Connecting to QVS. (0), DMSAccessRules=33 (0), Uploading file: ABC.qvw (8), Write complete. (264534016 bytes processed) (26892)
11/25/2014 10:37:43.1730000ErrorQVS Distribution failed to distribute to QVS
11/25/2014 10:37:43.1730000ErrorDistribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you figured out the root cause of the problem?  Is there a timeout setting that can be changed?

Thanks.