Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Praktijkervaring QDF - User experience QDF

Hallo,

Bij het bedrijf waar ik werk onderkennen wij het belang van het maken van goede afspraken inzake development en deployment:

- ontwikkelrichtlijnen en -standaarden voor QlikView producten met focus op toepassing van variabelen en includes,
      - de ETL architectuur gebaseerd op qvd files,
      - opslag van bestanden en producten in een duidelijke folderstructuur,
      - eenvoudige overdrachtsprocessen over de verschillende QlikView omgevingen (OTAP),
      - correcte installatie en configuratie en beheer van de desktop- en server software en connecties naar andere systemen,
      - performance van de hardware en het licentiebeheer.

Wij willen bestaande producten op gecontroleerde wijze omzetten naar de nieuwe opzet.
Het is daarbij natuurlijk van belang om slim gebruik te maken van de praktijk ervaringen van andere gebruikers.
Vandaar onze interesse voor het gebruik en beheer van het QlikView Deployment Framework.

Graag zou ik in contact willen komen met bedrijven in Nederland (randstat) die praktijkervaring hebben met het QlikView Deployment Framework. Door te zien hoe QDF daar werkt wil ik mijzelf een goed beeld vormen van de voordelen en nadelen die het QDF heeft.

Alvast dank, Rob Jouvenaar

Hello,

In our company we recognize the importance of making good agreements on development and deployment:

- Standards and guidelines for developing QlikView products, with focus on the use of integral variables and includes,
     - ETL architecture based on QVD files,
     - Storage of files and products in a clear folder structure,
     - Simple transfer processes across our QlikView environments (DTAP),
     - Correct installation and configuration of desktop- and serversoftware and the connections to other systems,
     - Performance of the hardware and license management.

We want to convert existing products in a controlled manner to the new framework.
Of course it is important to make smart use of the experiences of other users.
Hence our interest in using the QlikView Deployment Framework and management.

I would like to get in contact with companies in the Netherlands ( randstat ) with practical experience of the QlikView Deployment Framework, to actually see it how it works.  I like to form a clear picture of the benefits and disadvantages of QDF.

Regards,
Rob Jouvenaar

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Rob, there are probably companies in Netherlands using QDF but I have non in my "list". Could I refer you to any other customer in Europe that is using QDF?

Best regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus,

I think my manager will not approve to visit a QVP user/company somewhere in Europe.
With no reaction on this forum i am wondering if there are any sites in the Netherlands.
I also asked my question on the QlikView LinkedIn Group.... I'm curious for any reaction.

Rob.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Rob, we have identified two customers in Netherlands using QDF.
A Qlik rep will contact you.

Best regards
Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus,

Nothing heard yet...

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Ok, will contact them again. Thx