Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Year Issue in Chart

I am trying to create simple chart with Dimention Year with expression sum(sales)

i am getting one extra field with "_" after all the years in X axis.

i am not getting why i am getting it and how to avoid it. Can anyone helpme to resolve.

Regards,

Sandeep

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The reason is that In your model there are sales not associated to any year, the - you see means null values, in your chart in the dimension tab check the "suppress when value is null" box, you shoult even take a look to your model (How's that there are sales without year?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Through Diemsion tab i have acheived it. but i am still confused. Can you explain more what i have to do in data model

raviityou
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi,

try this hope it will help you

this is because you not suppressing the null value

check the suppress when value is Null

Pictur211e.png  

Pictsadasusre.png

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Sandeep

In your data model, there might be products that have never been sold or customers that might have not placed any orders.

All the above cases give us a Null value in the Facts table as a foreign key (since there is not existing Order to associate with them). This null is not associated with any year, so it appears as a separate value in your chart. That's why you see this extra value.

You can suppress it by following the above instructions.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards

Agis

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

send me the image of your data model