Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does dashboard contain info about QVW security?

Hello,

We use Active Directory to secure our Access Point applications. We've set a standard that each QVW should be secured through membership in one or more Active Directory groups. I'd like to audit that on a regular basis, but I'd like to avoid having to go into the QMC and check each QVW.

Is there anything in the Governance Dashboard that I could use to "flag" QVWs that aren't secured that way? For example, a QVW that is secured properly looks like this on the QMC

2014 1111_09.39.10.AM_0000.jpg

And one that is secured properly looks like this

2014 1111_10.07.53.AM_0001.jpg

16 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Not to introduce another tool...but you may want to try the QVPR Analysis tool. It's a bit more focused on Publisher Task Analysis.

Qlikview Cookbook: QVPR Analysis http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qvpr-analysis/

I'll be at the Qlik Word conference as well. Maybe see both you and Tyler.

-Rob

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Governance Dashboard Version 1.1 SR1.  Make sure you have this version (the latest version).

For the expression - just the expression syntax without the "Enabled?": part:

if(DT_Enabled='true','Enabled',dual('Disabled',0))

Also, you might be able to get more insights using the QVPR Analysis tool Rob described.

Concerning the Qlik World conference. I'll be "soaking up the rays" up here in Boston while you enjoy the conference.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob. I'll make sure to take a look at that.

Not applicable
Author

Tyler,

The version I'm using has this in the header of the dashboard. Is that the right version?
2014 1114_02.37.10.PM_0015.png

Sorry you aren't going to be able to make it to conference. Yea, you enjoy "soaking up the rays" up there.

It worked when I took out the "Enabled?": part. What WAS that part?

Thanks again for all your help.

David

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

That was just my label for the expression.

And yes, you are using the latest version.

Not applicable
Author

Found the RecipientName field! It was stupid user error.

Thanks SO much for your help Tyler!

David

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Glad to help.