Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher task failed "Could not close the SourceDocument"

Hello,

From time to time, I have some documents that fail to reload. The example below is a reload this Saturday that failed for the governance dashboard and it worked the next day. We got also some other reports that failed this way another day.

The task "Governance Dashboard 1.1" failed. Part of the log file follows:

11/15/2014 7:09:01 AM Error      Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

11/15/2014 7:09:01 AM Warning              The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).

11/15/2014 7:10:04 AM Warning              Can't kill, retrying!

11/15/2014 7:42:58 AM Error      The task "Governance Dashboard 1.1" failed. Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

I don't know how I can debug or solve this error? Do you have any idea what is happening?

Regards,

Krzysztof

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Do you have any antivirus software running.

If yes, then make sure you omit Qlik content from scanning.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

No, that machine only contains the QlikView Server (version 11.20.12235.0; with publisher) and IIS.

Not applicable
Author

Is the server using shared drive?

Not applicable
Author

No, it is a physical drive.

ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Check if the distribution service is running under administrative privileges. If that does not work, try upgrading to SR6.

Giuseppe_Novello

normally, some companies if the leave all local, they run back-up systems. Do you have a back-up system that runs that might be holding those documents?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

QDS runs as administrator and we have SR9 installed.

Not applicable
Author

I'll check that.